World famous Pakistani restaurant in Dubai 49 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Ravi Restaurant is best visited in the early hours, when the wipe-clean outdoor tables are bustling with boisterous groups.
The menu is long and includes many familiar generic Punjabi dishes, but we can recommend both the haleem – a slow-cooked dish of wheat, lentils and meat (usually lamb) the consistency of porridge – and the nihari – slow-cooked beef so tender it falls from the bone, and served in a delicately aromatic sauce, served with hot flatbreads.
Popular with a range of people from Pakistani cabbies eating right-handed to wealthy NRIs (Non Resident Indians) shouting at each other in American drawls. Best of all, the cooking is excellent, and the prices low.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 21 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 April,2008- reviewed by Guy Dimond
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 01 November,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 February,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.