Seaside Italian restaurant with reasonable prices 38 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Set on its own, midway between the beach and the hulking mass of the Westin, this attractive restaurant has an interesting menu and an easygoing vibe.
There’s a wide sunny terrace overlooking the pool, a formal arrangement downstairs and a rooftop pizzeria upstairs. Antipasti and starters include a spread of Italian cold cuts served on a canoe-shaped crispbread, or a creamy broccoli soup with porcini mushrooms, gnocchi and oozing balls of buffalo mozzarella.
The pasta options are some of the best in the city: for the daring, spaghetti cooked in sea water, with mullet roe and sea urchins (interesting, though inevitably salty; or to hit the spot every time, bucatini with pancetta, onion and tomatoes.
Thoughtful combinations thread through the entire menu, with fruit put to effective use in many of the secondi (mains), like scallops paired with peach, baby chicken with lemon. Service is leisurely though knowledgable. Definitely one to try.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 May,2008- reviewed by Mark Smith
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 17 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 20 December,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 July,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.