This tasty Italian at Dubai Media City is still going strong, we popped back for a peep at what's new 68 Reviews
Sample the taste of Italy with an authentic Christmas Day Brunch, Italian-style. Indulge in a unique selection of mouth-watering delicacies and get into the festive mood with a visit from Santa and the merry sounds of Christmas carols. Dhs215 (with soft drinks); Dhs365(with grape pairing) Timings: 12.30pm-4pm 25 December 2013
A traditional Italian affair with a carefully crafted five-course set menu inspired by the great Italian family kitchen. A special visit from Santa and the sounds of Christmas carols will help you celebrate in the true Christmas spirit. Dhs215 (with soft drinks); Dhs365 (with grape pairing) Timings: 7pm-11:30pm 24 December 2013
Indulge in an Italian-style Friday brunch with a selection of dishes served at your table. From home-made antipasti and pizzas to fish and meat recipes, all dishes are accompanied by salads and risotto. The kids have their own area, with toys and entertainment. Dhs160 (soft drinks); Dhs210 (house beverages); Dhs230 (sparkling grape); children aged six to 12 half price, free for kids under six Timings: Noon-3.30pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Dubai is well stocked with copy-cat Italian eateries, most of them unremarkable, but Certo stands out for its consistent fine food and reasonable prices.
Try as it does, the somewhat dramatic decor can’t brush off the business hotel vibe, but it is a very good option for lunching suits, if not for those after romance.
The cannellini bean soup with rosemary, garlic and basil oil is outstanding – unshowy but packed with flavour. Jumbo prawns come wrapped in ‘lardo’ pork and bedded in a fragrant pile of lentils. Meanwhile the ‘artisan’ pasta, not quite the measure of fresh homemade pasta, is nevertheless paired well with parma ham and porcini mushrooms. Desserts don’t disappoint, with thoughtful, inventive dishes.
A simple bowl of strawberries in balsamic vinegar and thick-ground pepper is a good example. For atmosphere and service, there are better options, but Certo is certainly up there with its more expensive rivals.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 November,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 02 February,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 28 November,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
- 04 April,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 05 April,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 30 January,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.