We revisited this fun and informal Italian spot in Deira and we were still as impressed. A top family choice 3 Reviews
New Year Celebration
Celebrate the magic of New Year at our Italian kitchen with a three course set menu. Dhs395 Timings: 7pm onwards 31 December 2013
Christmas Day Lunch
Dhs225 three course set menu with a glass of sparkling Timings: Noon-4pm 25 December 2013
Christmas Eve Dinner
Dhs225 three course set menu with a glass of sparkling Timings: 6pm-midnight 24 December 2013
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Cucina makes a wholehearted effort to contain a small slice of Italy within its four walls, and it does so with plenty of charm.
The pizza chef takes his stage in one corner, flinging dough ceilingwards; across the way, the service hatch resembles the kind of old-world, fenced-off lifts you see all over Italy. Best of all, the entire staff (chefs, waiters, all) burst into periodic song with such operatic gusto that you can’t help but smile and share in the general bonhomie.
That they hail mainly from India and the Far East seems not to detract from the Italian theme in the slightest.Antipasti are spread out buffet-style for diners to pile high on their plates – dollops of creamy buffalo mozzarella, a zingy sea-snail salad, wild mushrooms and cold meats.
For mains, the classics are all on offer, from spaghetti alle vongole to pizzas straight from a traditional wood-fired oven. There are a few ‘home-cooked’ surprises too: the baby chicken steamed in a paper bag is tender and fragrant. Cucina is an informal, enjoyable evening out, perfect for families and kind on the back pocket, too.
It represents a rare breed in Dubai: a quality mid-range restaurant.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 28 August,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Kids staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staffw
- 02 February,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 April,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 August,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 December,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 August,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 September,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.