Excellent Italian food in Dubai Media City 12 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
The menu at Prego’s boasts a fantastic assortment of Italian cured meats. Watching chef Mauro Cereda haul fat, speckled rounds of dismembered shoulder and thigh, and slice them as thin as sheets of paper, is almost as mesmerising as letting each delicate slice melt on the tongue.
The mains are also a success. Peppery and tender grilled lamb chops and tortellini stuffed with a silken pumpkin puree mingle with the sight of Spencer Tracy films playing on nearby television screens and the sound of ’50s crooners oozing out of the stereo. It’s all as comforting as snuggling up in your favourite old cardigan.
The waiting staff manage to be both knowledgeable and unobtrusive, and you’d be wise to take the recommendation of tiramisu. Moist, fresh and perfectly layered, you will finish the large bowl in spite of yourself.
Prego’s is, essentially, a pleasure factory and, although some menu items helpfully boast a heart-shaped icon denoting healthy eats, it’s best just to leave concerns like calories at the door.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 August,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 05 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.