Classy restaurant with excellent drink deals 15 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
The Dhs10-a-drink offer may draw in the crowds on Mondays and Wednesdays, but the Glasshouse is much more than the expat watering hole you might expect.
Located right opposite Gordon Ramsay’s Verre, there’s a lot to live up to for this modern, airy European restaurant, and recently it seems that the chefs and staff have been taking lessons from the school of Ramsay.
The food is almost shockingly good, the service knowledgeable and friendly, and the atmosphere – at a normal sitting, at least – is calm and intimate. The starters are particularly fine, especially the chilled gazpacho (a dish that’s easy to get wrong, but which here is superb) and the delicately grilled sardines on hummus.
Very good steaks and an excellent vegetarian selection ensure everyone at the table is happy, and the desserts are far better than many of Dubai’s rather paltry offerings. Glasshouse is also one of the few restaurants that offers a list of dessert wines by the glass – and a very considered list it is too.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 09 August,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 May,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 February,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 June,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 October,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 March,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 December,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.