Tasty eats with laid back beats 17 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
It’s neither new nor unique, but Buddha Bar’s enduring popularity is, all in all, well deserved. Following the format of sister branches throughout the world, its interior oozes sophistication, with low-level lighting, oriental-themed decor, a gargantuan Buddha dominating the central space, and DJs spinning the latest offerings from that failsafe ‘trendy bar’ genre, funky house.
The bar staff knock up some killer cocktails, service is polite and efficient, and you’re almost guaranteed a good night at this chic haunt. The super-pricey menu is a slightly puzzling affair, with endless pages of sushi (fresh and tasty) followed abruptly by a large variety of hot and cold starters (the punchy beef tataki salad is a hit, as are the lobster dumplings). The main courses that follow are, for the most part, disappointingly middle of the road (does anyone really need another Thai green curry in their life?), but the tenderloin beef is an absolute delight.
A word of warning, though: booking ahead is a must, as this place is packed every night of the week. Even if you manage to wangle a table at the back of the venue, you’ll find yourself limited to weather-based pleasantries due to your proximity to the other waggly-eared patrons.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 July,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 April,2008- reviewed by Chris Anderson
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 22 November,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 28 November,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.