Hunters Room & Grill
Premium dining and luxury steaks in The Westin 17 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
The attention to detail at Hunters Room & Grill is testament to the Westin restaurant’s desire to please. And please they do. It starts with the menu: thick, textured pages come bound in a heavy leather book sleeve.
Inside, descriptions of the food are interspersed with the adventures of 19th-century British military engineer, artist and hunter, Captain William Cornwallis Harris. The restaurant’s sleek contemporary layout, the dozen or so choices of water, and multiple selections of salt (yes, salt, continue the luxury theme. And the food doesn’t disappoint. An amuse bouche of chilled sweet potato topped with foam cleanses the palette nicely for the appetisers of delicious duck confit and crab cake.
The main attraction – a chargrilled USA 20oz Porterhouse corn-fed steak – is tender and bursting with rich flavours, but it’s a challenge to eat even a third of the shovel-sized portion and accompanying forest mushrooms. The desserts don’t elicit the same rapturous response, but are an acceptable end to a very fine meal.
Along with the prompt service you will leave satisfied by an expedition that might not have been as exciting as those undertaken by Captain Harris, but yield fine results nonetheless.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 26 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 February,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 16 June,2008- reviewed by Becky Lucas
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.