Tucked away in the Old Town residences, Mezza House is worth seeking out for outstanding Arabic cuisine 96 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Mezza House is worth seeking out for outstanding Levantine cuisine. With both indoor and outdoor seating, the restaurant has a casual, neighbourly vibe and it’s staffed by some of Dubai’s most genuinely friendly waiters.
Your mind may boggle at such a fabulous array of dishes native to Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Palestine, but the waiters are more than happy to explain what each entails and recommend their favourites. Mezze staples are done extremely well – creamy houmous, hot Arabic bread, coarsely chopped parsley and halloumi cheese in the tabbouleh extra salad – and the specialties, even better.
If you want to order a Palestinian/Jordanian Mashawi main you need to phone and order it the day before. The mousahakan roll (pita bread topped with sautéed red onions, pine nuts and sumac and half a roasted chicken) is certainly worth the wait.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 26 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 15 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.