Take a peek at this Iranian favourite in Deira 11 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
The dramatic live Persian band might not deter from the slight windtunnel effect of the air-conditioning, but Shabestan is, was, and probably will be for a while, one of the best Iranian restaurants in Dubai.
Kick things off with a couple of shared starters, the nargesi is outstanding – thinly chopped and entwined spinach that falls onto your fork and has a wholesome yet spicy flavour. Don’t miss out on the fried aubergine mirza ghasemi dip either. Mains are fairly typical Persian kebabs, but the kebab e soltani – fillets of tangy lamb served with some of the finest mast we’ve tasted – is excellent, and comes with generously saffroned rice.
Does Shabestan still cut it? Yes, but if it was a bit less corporate in its feel, it would be unbeatable.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.