Able Italian restaurant with nice seafood options 4 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
The seafood soup at this Habtoor restaurant is full of plump prawns, mussels and squid in a rich and rather ostentatious stock of unimpeachable flavour.
Caesar salad with prawns is more than adequate. Not up to scratch is the seafood risotto. It may boast even more oceanic offerings than the soup, but the sauce is so creamy it resembles the aftermath of a Bugsy Malone custard pie shootout.
On the other hand the lasagne, which is a layer cake of soft pasta, tangy melted cheese and meaty tomato sauce is a delight with every mouthful. Fresh fruit salad does what it says on the tin. If you want to be a little less virtuous, try the moist, rich and chocolaty Luciano’s cake with a strong and frothy cappuccino.
Our verdict is unanimous – Luciano’s may not be on the most wanted list of Dubai’s culinary hotspots but, should the craving for Italian food take you, it’ll surely make a willing and very able accomplice.
By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 28 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 September,2007- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 31 May,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.