Food and Drink: You’ll see Hamburger Nation, Costa Coffee, London Fish & Chips, Shawarma and Grill and Stone Grill, plus noodles, burgers, sausages and pies. MMI stands will be offering beverages.
Children: Kids under 12 can come along free with an adult, plus there’s a 2,000-seat, alcohol-free family stand. You’ll find face painting, games, Playstation stands and tournament mascots Saba’a and Scrummy, plus (hurrah!) a crèche. Peace at last.
Weather: At time of going to press, the forecast for December 3-5 was sunny, with a high of 28°C and low of 18°C. Check the top left-hand corner of timeoutdubai.com on the day for an up-to-date forecast.
When the Rugby Shops: The last games end at around 9pm, but people typically hang out at the rugby village and party on at Rugby Rock (the concert taking place on both nights) before jumping on the free buses back to Dubai. Gates close at midnight.
Buses: Organisers have arranged for 170 buses to provide free transport from the venue to five different areas of town. From 5pm each day the buses will run to Festival City, Media City (family drop-off point), Barasti, Al Murooj Rotana’sDouble Decker and The Irish Village. Entertainment: Corporate Voice Experience (a Kiwi covers band), the Million Dollar Band and DJ Tim Cheddar will be rocking the Rugby Rock tent. Also, Austin Powers (aka Gary Brown) will be returning – so, of course, will the Aggreko Dynamo cheerleaders.
TV Schedule: The matches will be screened on Friday from 9.30am on Showsports 1, and Saturday from 9.30am on Showsports 4. But with tickets still available at the gate, there’s no excuse for missing the live action.
Remember, remember the 3rd of December! The checklist: • Sunscreen. Say no to sunburn.
• A bin bag. The perfect makeshift cagoule. You never know…
• Money. You’ll need to stock up on tokens for food and drink.
• Camera. Essential if you want to snap the shenanigans.
• A driving licence or passport. Bouncers are very kind when it comes to accusing people of being under 21.
• Face paint or a stupid outfit if you want to be papped on timeoutdubai.com. As usual, we’re on the hunt for the most impressive outfits for our home page.
• Phone credit. You don’t want to be stranded and friendless.
• Time Out Dubai magazine. As well as all the essential details, we’ve got a full list of the IRB fixtures.
• A map. We’ve printed one for you in the middle of the Time Out Dubai magasine. Aren’t we kind?
Here are the next Sevens tournament destinations…
South Africa December 11-12 2009 Outeniqua Park, George
New Zealand February 5-6 2010 Westpac Stadium, Wellington
USA February 13-14 2010, Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas
Australia March 20-21 2010, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide