With outlets in London's trendy Box Park to the uber posh Harrods, it’s about time Dum Dum Donutterie finally landed in Dubai.
Created by Paul Hurley, who used to work for Dunkin' Donuts, the freshly BAKED brand of doughnuts launched in 2013 and now has its very own home in Jumeirah – the first international branch.
Dubbed artisan doughnuts, you may already be familiar with their take on the famous Cronut (doughnut meets croissant), instead going by the name of the Dum Dum Cro.
Considering they’re not fried unlike other doughnuts, a world first, we reckon Dubai could do with plenty of other outlets, and it seems the big boss agrees.
"In regards to other places in Dubai that we would like to open Dum Dums, we are going to concentrate on prime locations with a range of concepts that include, kiosks, cafe, pop-up and drive thru (as the concept is so versatile)," Hurley told Time Out Dubai. “We've also been approached for expansion through the GCC but are just looking for the right partners.”
In fact Dum Dum Donutterie are planning on going ahead with another nine UAE stores over the next five years.
While Mr Hurley isn't giving all of his secrets away, here are the 10 places you could expect to find them in soon:
1. The Jumeirah store is opening soon! Look out for it at the end of January just after Kite Beach and near AQQA Cafe.
2. Dubai International Airport because it would be great exposure and a massive footfall of outbound and transit passengers.
3. Dubai Mall due to its must-be-in’ location with an extensive footfall of tourists and Dubai residents.
4. JBR as we’d love to be in a popular venue for upmarket eateries.
5. City Walk 2 because it’s a simple a hip and trendy location.
6. Dubai Parks and Resorts is an exciting emerging hot spot.
7. Dubai Canal is soon to be the most sought after location.
8. Selected 5 Star hotels as ours is an artisan product and desired by the customer who visits a 5-star hotel...tourists and residents.
9. I’d like to do exclusive wholesale to provide products to day-to-day customers who shop at up-market grocery stores.
10. As well as eyeing up three locations on Abu Dhabi, I want to collaborate with like-minded brands to develop unique products exclusively for them.