Dubai Creek Harbour at the Lagoons has been a few years in the making, and now the development is adding another exciting notch to its belt.
The area has not been open to the public for a while but it has been announced a new food outlet is to open on the first weekend in January.
Named The Terrace, visitors will have the chance to experience a chilled and trendy café open on weekends only.
The wider space is described as a “serene area” with views of Downtown Dubai and the Burj Khalifa. The Terrace is surrounded by the natural beauty of the 25-year-old Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary - which has around 450 animal species on its 620 hectares.
Visitors can take advantage of the stunning panoramic views of the city’s skyline, far away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai (see directions below).
Vida Hotels and Resorts’ Gourmet Food Truck will be on site, usually parked permanently outside Manzil Downtown Dubai and run by Chef Spencer Black and crew. Plus there will be a ‘Kid’s Corner’ to keep children entertained.
The Terrace will be open from 10am-10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
In 2014, it was revealed the area will house the world’s tallest twin towers as part of a giant mixed-use development.
The Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, currently hold the record at 452m and 88 floors. JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Hotel is second at 395m and 77 floors, and Jumeirah Emirates Towers, 354m and up to 56 floors, are the third tallest twin towers on the planet.
DIRECTIONS TO THE TERRACE
- Take Financial Centre Road/D71 towards Ras Al Khor Road/E44.
- Drive along Ras Al Khor Road/E44 following Hatta/Oman.
- After KIA Motors Showroom, take the exit onto Nadd Al Hamar Road/D62.
- After the exit take the ramp on the right to get back onto Ras Al Khor Road/E44 heading
back towards Downtown Dubai.
- Drive back towards Downtown Dubai for approximately 2km.
- Entrance will be on your right, after ENOC petrol station, and clearly marked by Dubai Creek Harbour signage.