IMG Worlds Of Adventure will welcome its first guests on Monday August 15 and stay open all year round, it has been confirmed.
Spread across 1.5 million square feet (that's 28 football pitches), it is the biggest indoor destination of its kind, and sprinkles a little bit of stardust on a traditionally quiet - and very hot - time of year. The park, located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road 20 minutes from each international airport in Dubai, will open from 10am to midnight on weekends, and until 10pm on weekdays.
Split into four key zones, the park draws influence from its own Lost Valley Dinosaur Adventure concept, Cartoon Network and Marvel Comics. For the latter, that means characters Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk and Spiderman, while younger visitors will be drawn to CN's Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10.
Words like 'highly immersive', 'unique', 'dizzying', ‘beyond-vertical’, and '5D' all feature prominently in the descriptions of more than 20 plus coasters, shows and attractions.
As well as rides, IMG will have street performers in their IMG Boulevaard and live stage shows throughout the day. There is also a 12-screen Novo Cinema, which organisers claim could act as the hosts of regional premieres of Marvel films. A move is being made to attract the stars, too.
The greatest source of pride, though, is the Lost Valley, the most realistic dinosaur-themed land ever created. The whole collection of 70 prehistoric, life-sized animatronic creatures has taken around five years to put together, with an incredible attention to detail going in to every one. Creators have matched each structure with their ancestors, making them move, breathe and feel as real as possible. Hydraulics are used to help replicate the movements, while the skins have each been hand-sculpted.
IMG worked closely with Kokoro, a Japanese animatronics and robotics company, and the same team responsible for the iconic installations at London's Natural History Museum, in a bid to make the Dubai park not only a major attraction for thrill seekers, but for dinosaur fanatics, too.
IMG expect to welcome more than 30,000 people, and around 4.5 million in their first full year.
RIDES YOU REALLY NEED TO BE FIRST IN THE QUEUE FOR
- Avengers Battle of Ultron: 'Highly immersive, action-packed ride is the first ‘dark’ ride for Avengers in the world, and features Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and the Hulk.'
- The Velociraptor: 'Rollercoaster hits speeds of up to 100 km in 2.5 seconds, launching from the deep dark prehistoric jungles of the Lost Valley out into the Dubai desert and back.'
- Predator: 'Unique ride offers thrill-seekers the sharpest drop track in the region, with a heart-stopping beyond-vertical plummet to Earth.'
- Hulk Epsilon Base 3D: 'Innovative, 100-seater ride system is the first-of-its-kind in the world and uses a combination of 360 degree projection screens and motion to virtually propel guests through an immersive battle scene experience.'
- Spider-Man Doc Ock’s Revenge: '400-meter spinning coaster propelling guests through the New York skyline.'
AND FOR KIDS...
- Dino Carousel: 'Take a spin with the friendlier inhabitants of the Lost Valley Dinosaur Adventure in a unique dinosaur themed carousel.'
- Adventure Fortress: 'An adventure playground with obstacles and physical challenges with ladders, tunnels, slides, bridges, nets and climbing adventures.'
- Ben 10 5D Hero Time: 'Audiences will feel that they have been immersed in the midst of a real-life battle scene with Ben and Rook in this epic 5D multi-sensory theatre.'
- Adventure Time - The Ride of OOO with Finn & Jake: 'Amazing overhead scenic ride around the park.'
- The Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage: 'Ride with the stars of the show and help fight Mojo Jojo’s evil robot creation.'
Early-bird tickets go on sale on April 25 prices from Dhs250 for children and Dhs300 for general admission (over 1.2m tall). For more information, visit www.IMGworlds.com