The world's largest indoor theme park will open in Dubai on August 31, after organisers admitted some 'fine tuning' was required before the public could be welcomed.
Originally set to throw open its giant doors on August 15, the short delay will likely only enhance anticipation for the mega-project, which has been years in the making. Details on how you can transfer or purchase tickets can be found below.
The project has which has joined forces with Marvel, the planet's most iconic superhero brand, among others, is the size of almost 30 football fields (or 1.5million square feet). It's location on the E311 (Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road) near Arabian Ranches and next to Global Village, puts it barely 15 minutes from Dubai Marina.
Along with Marvel, Cartoon Network are also on board alongside two other homegrown concepts, one of which Time Out Dubai were granted exclusive access to earlier this summer; so here for the first time are some of the major attractions at Lost Valley, the life-like dinosaurs!
IMG worked closely with Kokoro, a Japanese animatronics and robotics company, and the same team responsible for the iconic installations at London's Natural History Museum, in a bid to make the Dubai park not only a major attraction for thrill seekers, but for dinosaur fanatics, too.
Among the collection of 69 state-of-the-art creatures, are a Barosaurus and the ferocious Allosaurus, with the former reaching almost 16metres in height.
The whole collection has taken around five years to put together, with an incredible attention to detail going in to everyone. Creators have matched each structure with their ancestors, making them move, breathe and feel as real as possible. Hydraulics are used to help replicate the movements, while the skins have each been hand-sculpted.
As well as the dinosaurs, Lost Valley is also home to the UAE's fastest rollercoaster, 'The Velociraptor', described as a 'mega launch coaster' that will 'propel visitors to an exhilarating 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds', and through four inversions, the highest of which is 105 feet.
Those with tickets from the original opening date to the end of the month will be reissued for a date of their choice, and given a complimentary Ultimate Fast Track pass (contact guestrelations@IMGworlds.com to avail). All other tickets can be purchased from IMGworlds.com, starting from Dhs250.
MORE FROM INSIDE IMG WORLDS OF ADVENTURES
- Avengers Battle of Ultron: 'Highly immersive, action-packed ride is the first ‘dark’ ride for Avengers in the world, and features Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and the Hulk.'
- The Velociraptor: 'Rollercoaster hits speeds of up to 100 km in 2.5 seconds, launching from the deep dark prehistoric jungles of the Lost Valley out into the Dubai desert and back.'
- Predator: 'Unique ride offers thrill-seekers the sharpest drop track in the region, with a heart-stopping beyond-vertical plummet to Earth.'
- Hulk Epsilon Base 3D: 'Innovative, 100-seater ride system is the first-of-its-kind in the world and uses a combination of 360 degree projection screens and motion to virtually propel guests through an immersive battle scene experience.'
- Spider-Man Doc Ock’s Revenge: '400-meter spinning coaster propelling guests through the New York skyline.'
AND FOR KIDS...
- Dino Carousel: 'Take a spin with the friendlier inhabitants of the Lost Valley Dinosaur Adventure in a unique dinosaur themed carousel.'
- Adventure Fortress: 'An adventure playground with obstacles and physical challenges with ladders, tunnels, slides, bridges, nets and climbing adventures.'
- Ben 10 5D Hero Time: 'Audiences will feel that they have been immersed in the midst of a real-life battle scene with Ben and Rook in this epic 5D multi-sensory theatre.'
- Adventure Time - The Ride of OOO with Finn & Jake: 'Amazing overhead scenic ride around the park.'
- The Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage: 'Ride with the stars of the show and help fight Mojo Jojo’s evil robot creation.'