Are you perennially jolly and more than a little red in the face? Put all those Dubai brunches to good use and get yourself a job as Fairmont The Palm’s Santa Claus.
A global recruitment hunt has been launched by the Palm Jumeirah resort as it seeks to find an in-house Santa for its 2017 Christmas festivities. The lucky candidate will win an all-inclusive trip to Dubai to stay at the hotel (with their guest) for three weeks between Tuesday December 5 and Tuesday 26, where between a few hours of Santa duties each day, they will be able to enjoy a “memorable” stay, followed by return flights home.
Applicants from around the world are asked to upload a 30-second video to Instagram or Facebook, tagging #MyDubaiSanta and #FairmontThePalm, by Monday October 30.
Think you’ve got what it takes? The key attributes required for the role include “having a jolly disposition, must be compatible with elves, must have a certain-sized waistline, needs a minimum length for his white beard and, of course, must ooze festive flair…”.
If all that sounds like you, what are you waiting for?
Check out the full job description below:
Job Title: Santa Claus
Department: Fairmont The Palm Festive Division
Reports to: Mark Sawkins, General Manager and Elf Team Leader
Remuneration: In kind
Job Summary: This festive season, Fairmont The Palm is looking for the jolliest, gleaming, funniest and red-faced Santa Dubai can imagine! Required for all typical Santa roles and responsibilities, the resort is looking for the crème de la crème of Santa’s, one that goes above and beyond the usual Christmas cheer and showcases themselves as being the best Santa that the region could ever have asked for. Further details are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring top quality and super tasty mince pies are produced within our Pasty kitchen on a daily basis
• Checking letters and wish lists from children at the resort – categorising them into the ‘naughty’ or ‘nice’ list with the upmost care and professionalism
• Examining our festive trees to check they are decorated with plentiful sparkle are kept maintained throughout the stay
• Entertaining crowds with the loudest ‘Ho, Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!’ at the resorts iconic Christmas Tree lighting ceremony
• Drinking glasses of milk and a plate of cookies every evening
• Managing a team of singing Elf’s for the resorts festive choir, leading the tunes and tones for the perfect festive pitch
• Lifting heavy duty dedicated Santa sack with presents and gifts for resort guests
• Spontaneous ‘sand ball’ and ‘sand angel’ making on the beach
• Welcoming all to the resort with festive cheer!
Skills and Requirements:
• Must get along and be confident with managing festive Elves
• Must have a jolly disposition and spontaneously sing festive songs when he feels necessary
• Must ooze festive flair and cheerfulness
• Must be able to spread festive joy to all residents and children on a daily basis
• Must provide own red Santa suit, shoes and beard
• Must own a pair of red swimming trunks for the snow-beach
• Must have a round and rather large waistline
• Cannot be camera shy
Entry Rules and Deadline Dates:
• Upload a 30 second (max) video application to Instagram or Facebook
• Must submit application by October 31 2017
• Must tag both #MyDubaiSanta and #FairmontThePalm in the post to be considered
• Must submit videos via a public post/account to be considered
• Those without social media accounts can use a friend or family members and use hashtags #PickMyDad #PickMyFriend
• Must be wearing Santa outfit and speaking out loud in English stating why they should win, along with stating their name, age and location
• One submission per applicant only
The Selected Candidates Prize Details:
• The chosen Santa will win an once in a life time, all-inclusive trip to Dubai, staying at Fairmont The Palm, Palm Jumeirah
• Dates will be 21 days, between December 5 and 26, 2017 inclusive of;
• Return flight from home destination
• 1 double room for two people
• Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at Flow Kitchen and unlimited use of resort pool/beach and leisure facilities
• Eligible for global applicants but must speak English
• Applicant must be 50 years or above to win but all applicants welcome
• Applicant must be eligible to travel, with valid passport and cover own travel insurance
• The above applies to both winner and one guest