The Sharjah Light Festival is returning for another edition next week.
The festival, which will run from February 5 until February 15, sees beautiful designs and patterns projected onto some of the emirate’s most iconic buildings.
For 2020, there are 19 shows in total, ranging from A Journey From Sharjah to America, to Light and Painting Emotions.
Most of the shows will run from 6pm until 11pm Sunday to Thursday, and from 6pm until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, with the exception of the Waves of Light at Al Majaz Waterfront which is from 9pm until 10pm every night from February 5 until February 15, except February 10.
There will also be a food truck festival with more than 30 vendors opposite University City Hall.
Locations and show titles:
- University City Hall – Planet Sharjah
- American University Sharjah, University City – A Journey from Sharjah to America
- Sharjah Police Academy, University City – Jungle Book
- University of Sharjah – A Student’s Day in Sharjah
- Masjid Sheikh Rashid Bin Ahmed Al Qasimi, Dibba Al Hisn – Arabic Fusion
- House of Justice, Khor Fakkan – Paradoptical
- University of Sharjah, Kalba – Forever Young
- Sharjah Mosque, Al Tayy Suburb – Light Celebration
- Al Wousta TV building, Al Dhaid – A Light Guide
- Sharjah Municipality building, Al Musalla – Glorious Sharjah
- Al Hamriya Area Municipality – Travelling Across Time
- Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Al Khan – Light and Painting Emotions
- Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority, Al Azra - An Endless Journey
- Omran Taryam Square, Al Noof 1 – The Snowdome
- Al Majaz Waterfront – Resonance and Kontakt
- Al Qasba, Al Khan – The Return of the Little Giant
- Masjid Al Noor, Al Majaz – A Cosmic Trip
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Khor Fakkan – Maritime Heritage
- Al Majaz Waterfront – Waves of Light
How to get to the Sharjah Light Festival
If you don’t fancy driving between the shows, City Sightseeing Sharjah will be running a special bus route throughout the festival that will take you to all the highlights.
You can find out more information and book a tour on the City Sightseeing Sharjah website here.
If you’re travelling up from Dubai, you can drive or take the ferry which runs between Al Ghubaiba Marine Station in Dubai and Aquarium Marine Station in Sharjah. It takes around 35 minutes.
For those driving straight up through Deira, the closest shows are at the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Al Majaz Waterfront, Al Qasba, Masjid Al Noor and the Sharjah Municipality building.
There’s also another cluster of shows near Dubai at University City Hall, the American University of Sharjah, Sharjah Police Academy, University of Sharjah, Sharjah Mosque and Omran Tamyan Square.