Rebecca Milford tries an anti-ageing facial using Clarins’ new high-tech, wrinkle-smoothing Double Serum.
French beauty brand Clarins is renowned for its high-tech, high-end products. The latest launch, Double Serum, is an anti-ageing cream featuring plant products that claim to smooth wrinkles and firm the skin: it has now been incorporated into a facial so guests can reap the benefits in a spa environment.
Step by step
After arriving at the in-mall treatment room (surprisingly calm and relaxing) and donning the nifty wrap-around strapless ‘apron’ (much more convenient than a robe), I lie on the bed while my therapist examines my skin. It’s much more in-depth than most spa consultations, enabling her to tailor the facial to suit my dry, sensitive complexion. For the next 90 minutes she cleanses, exfoliates and massages my face, applying a multitude of lotions and potions – they all smell and feel wonderfully fresh, unlike the cloying, flowery aromas of many other spa products. I’m also treated to a scalp, hand and foot massage to make sure I’m thoroughly relaxed, before rounding off with a nourishing face mask.
After the treatment, my skin feels soft, supple and smooth. The benefits continue the following day, and I receive a few compliments on my glowing complexion.
• A thorough pre-treatment consultation ensures each facial is tailored to the client.
• The Clarins products are all top quality and smell great.
• The scalp and hand massages are both super-relaxing.
• The results of the facial are visible straight away.
• The in-mall location of the Clarins store means there’s nowhere to relax post-treatment.
• My neck and shoulders feel a little greasy afterwards, a result of the product residue.
Dhs450 for 60 minutes. Clarins, The Dubai Mall, www.facebook.com/ClarinsMiddleEast (04 434 0522).