Jenny Hewett tries the Red Carpet Facial (with radio frequency methods) at Biolite
A combination of facial massage, deep cleansing, radio frequency therapy, oxygen and the application of stem cells should increase the elasticity in my skin, giving me a more youthful appearance.
Step by step
Face up on the treatment bed, my therapist Sameera turns on a bright light overhead. Much like being at the dentist, she inspects my skin. After remarking that it’s very clean and I have hardly any blackheads she cleanses and scrubs my face, then applies hot steam. Afterwards she uses a probe-like radio frequency instrument applying little dabs to my face that have a faint static sensation. Then comes the weird part: I’m asked to bite down on two cotton gauze, and while I hold a rod in my hand she uses a round, heated instrument in swift circular movements, applying bouts of painless yet strong heat. Stem cells are then applied before cool spurts of oxygen are waved all over my face.
I immediately feel fresher faced and when looking in the mirror, I swear I could have had a face lift. My pores are less visible the next day and my skin even feels somewhat perkier.
• The therapist had good bedside manner and informed me of her every move.
• The treatment bed was curved and very comfy.
• My appointment was 15 minutes late.
• One of the steps was to squeeze blackheads.
• There was some discomfort when the cream got in my eyes.
• I found the make-up and mineral powder applied at the end unnecessary and counterproductive.
Dhs2,500 for one hour. Biolite, Villa 57, Al Thanya Road, Umm Suqeim 2 (04 346 6641).