Benita Adesuyan signs up for the tranquillity ritual at the Taki Spa in Hues Boutique Hotel in Deira.
A 120-minute treatment using aromatic oils to relax and soothe the body, followed by a bespoke facial.
Step by step
After a warm welcome the therapist sets the mood with ambient music and dim lighting. The ritual begins with a gentle massage, using sesame oil, and she concentrates on my back and shoulders as requested. She then massages my face and applies cleanser and a scrub, using steam to activate the products. After the facial the therapist shows me how my skin looks and offers advice on how to relieve back tension.
It’s an incredibly relaxing session – so much so, getting off the massage bed is a struggle. My skin feels squeaky clean and I leave feeling well-balanced, pampered, but also informed with some tips for improving my muscle tension.
• The facial was amazing and left my skin feeling velvet soft.
• The therapist thoroughly examines your skin to ensure the facial is right for your skin type.
• The spa is very attractively decorated with pretty floral mosaic tiles.
• Being quite an intimate space it’s ideal for a ‘me-time’ solo spa visit.
• There’s no designated relaxation area for a post-treatment snooze.
• Massage beds aren’t heated so we were a little cold during the facial.
Dhs395 for 120 minutes. Taki Spa, Hues Boutique Hotel, Al Khaleej Road, Corniche, Deira, www.huesboutiquehotel.com (04 603 4840).