The Express Hydrafacial is said to offer a medical-grade skincare treatment that targets fine lines and wrinkles, congested, oily and acne-prone skin and hyperpigmentation. The treatment claims to be suitable for all skin types and, at only 30 minutes, should be a convenient option for busy women who want visible results without spending all day in the spa.
Step by step
The treatment begins with a deep cleanse using the Hydrafacial products, which contain hyaluronic acid to make the skin smooth. Our therapist then assesses our skin type and chooses products that best complement it, and that target specific problem areas. She proceeds with a gentle exfoliation and the treatment continues with a vacuum extraction, which draws out excess sebum from the pores and crevices of our face. The express treatment comes to an end when a rich, hydrating moisturiser is massaged into our skin and topped off with an application of sun protection.
Our skin is glowing, looks refreshed and feels well hydrated, and even though the treatment is quick, it never feels rushed.
• Visibly clearer skin without spending hours in the spa.
• We feel refreshed rather than groggy after the treatment, so we can easily get on with the rest of our day.
• Make-up can be applied straight after the facial.
• The extraction is a little uncomfortable, but not exactly painful.
• It’s not a relaxing treatment, but it is very effective.
Dhs450. Express Hydrafacial MD (30 minutes). Ahasees Spa & Club, Grand Hyatt Dubai, Oud Metha (04 317 2333).