If you’re heading away for summer, Dubai Police are offering to keep an eye on your house while you’re out of town.
It’s not a brand-new service, but the Dubai Police have reminded residents that it exists, especially as many residents head away from the city or region during the summer months.
The service includes having police patrol your neighbourhood periodically to keep an eye on your villa or house (the service is only for people living in a villa or house), as well as helping to secure your premises before your departure, until you return. Before heading off, you must fix cameras inside and outside your property, to help your property be monitored remotely during your absence.
And if you thought this service would come at the cost of a pretty penny or two, you’d be wrong – it’s totally free. Head here to begin the process of applying for the Home Security Service. [hyperlink]
The important things to remember are:
- You must live in a villa or house in order to apply for the service.
- Secure all entrances and windows of your residence.
- Secure the wardrobes and / or the safes where you keep your valuables. Deposit your money and valuables in a bank safe box.
- Do not leave the keys to your vehicles in the key holder.
- Inform one of your relatives or friends to, periodically, check your house while you are away.
- Make sure that water taps are well shut and electricity switches are off.
- Submit the details of your residence at the nearest police station, rest assured that it will be in safe hands.
- Fix monitoring cameras inside and outside the premises.