My Sports Swimming Club, head coach Nebojsa Durkin shares his seven sensational swimming tips to help your kids get stronger in the pool
• Body Position is key – always high, at the surface of the water in a horizontal position.
• Your legs are your engine, strive to have a fast kick.
• Develop a feel for the water and a long pull with the arms.
• Breathing is extremely important. Practise blowing bubbles – out through your nose in through your mouth.
• Timing – strokes should flow and look smooth.
• Commitment and dedication – the more your practise the better you get, as long as it is good practice.
• Love swimming.