Netflix has improved and updated all of its parental controls in order to keep kids in the UAE safe when they are watching their favourite films and TV shows.
Families are spending a lot of time at home, and once distance learning has finished for the day, kids might be heading to the television or their iPads to keep them entertained.
And there is a plethora of choice on Netflix for them to watch, from Disney films and cartoons to teen TV series and documentaries.
In order to help parents ensure that the content their kiddos are lapping up is age appropriate, Netflix Kids Product Manager, Michelle Parsons, has outlined some of the measures the streaming service is taking to ensure kids are safe on their sofas.
Based on feedback from Netflix members, Parsons says that parents can now:
• PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids using them.
• Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. We’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive.
• Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile.
• Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings.
• See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them.
• Turn off auto play of episodes in kids’ profiles.
These new and improved controls can be added to any profile by going to account settings on your mobile or laptop.