Will Anna and Elsa from Frozen ask us if we want to build a snowman? Will the little mermaid princess manage a full song before evil Ursula tricks her into trading her voice for a pair of human legs? A 39-strong cohort of unbelievably talented skaters will answer those questions through their mesmerising performances on Wednesday April 4 to Saturday 7, and blow us away with other Disney tales featuring our favourite characters. But while we wait, let’s get into the lesser-known facts behind the magnificent show.
• The very first Disney On Ice performance was held in 1981 and was called Walt Disney’s World On Ice.
• There are more than 500 sound effects added live during the performance.
• Disney On Ice’s The Little Mermaid stars Ariel and Eric are husband and wife off the ice as well as on it.
• There are 160 costumes in the entire show, and it took more than 1,300 yards of fabric to make them all.
• The show has been translated into more than 35 languages.
• The largest Disney On Ice show was held in Mexico City in 2003 – Disney On Ice presents Princess Classics, which was performed to 326,000 people.
Arrive early for the fun-filled pre-show, featuring Zootropolis. Family packages are also on offer with 20 percent off when purchasing four tickets in the same category.
From Dhs132. Wed Apr 4, 3.30pm, 7.30pm; Thu Apr 5, 3.30pm, 7.30pm; Fri Apr 6, 10am, 3.30pm, 7.30pm; Sat Apr 7, 11am, 3.30pm, 7.30pm. Dubai World Trade Centre Arena, Sheikh Zayed Road, www.disneyoniceme.com.