Eat on the cheap
19. Aryaas: Aryaas has some of the best, cheapest Indian grub in Karama. It specialised in South Indian cuisine, and the Dhs12 thali is a stomach-busting feast. Dhs5-50 per person.
Karama, opposite Lulu Hypermarket, 04 335 5776
20. Al Bayt Al Baghdadi Restaurant: Grab a friend, or several, and tuck into a whole barbecued fish. The beast is cooked in the traditional Iraqi way (on a bed of coals), and is juicy, flavoursome, and large enough to easily feed four. Dhs51-100 per person.
Al Muteena Street, 04 273 7064
21. Shabestan: Shabestan may not be the cheapest Persian restaurant in Dubai, but it is one of the best, and for what you pay, you get a lot. Dhs100-250 per person.
Radisson SAS, Dubai Deira Creek, 04 222 7171
22. Aangan: Aangan is pretty reasonable if you’re in the mood for something more up-market. The quality of food is excellent, and a sitar player adds to the relaxed vibe. Dhs251-400 per person.
Dhow Palace Hotel, 04 359 9992
23. Rare: This may not be a budget restaurant, but if you’re looking for somewhere swank to take a date, and don’t want to break the bank, this is the place. The view is fantastic and the food is exceptional. Dhs401-600 per person.
Desert Palm, 04 323 8888
24. Enter our weekly competitions, with a minimum value of Dhs5,000 every week. Previous prizes have included trips abroad, luxury local breaks and VIP concert tickets www.timeoutdubai.com.
Approximate saving: If you win just once Dhs5,000
25. If you long for five-star dining, but don't want to pay the price, try the business lunch. Zuma (04 425 5660) and the Exchange Grill (04 332 5555) each offer business lunches at a fraction of the price of their dinner menus.
Approximate saving: If you go somewhere plush four times a year…Dhs1,200
26. Some of the best meals in town are the cheapest, but you have to be flexible with location. Give the Marina a miss, and instead head to some authentic ethnic eats in Deira and Karama. Stuff yourself for Dhs12, rather than Dhs120. For good recommendations on budget restaurants, check www.timeoutdubai.com.
Approximate saving: Dhs5,200 per year
To make general savings click here
To make budget savings click here
To make beauty savings click here
To make kids stuff savings click here
To make travel savings click here
To have smart shoppings click here