32. Training camp for hair stylists Formula French Hairdressers (04 438 0122) only charges for the products they use, and not the service. But we’re not promising you won't end up looking like Gary Rhodes, wearing his former ‘electrocuted’ look.
Approximate saving: If you normally spend Dhs400 on your hair four times a year…Dhs1,200 per year
33. We admire the directness of Pretty Lady Salon’s name – and the lowness of its prices. Nip in for a budget manicure or Dhs50 blow dry, and walk out, well, prettier. Mankhool Road, near Satwa Roundabout. Call 04 398 5255
Approximate saving: If you normally spend Dhs100 on a weekly blow dry…Dhs2,600 per year
34. The rock-bottom prices of Dubai’s tailors are no secret. Our favourites are Coventry Tailors in Bur Dubai (04 344 7563) where you can pick up a suit for Dhs500, and, for ladies, Dream Girls (04 349 5445) and Ishmar (04 349 2434) along Satwa Road, where you can get dresses made for around Dhs150. Head to www.timeoutdubai.com for our full guide to tailors.
Approximate saving: If you normally spend Dhs1,000 a month on clothes…Dhs8,400 per year
35. If you're skint and need new moisturiser or toiletries, department stores and pharmacies usually dish out enough samples to keep you going until pay day. Although we wouldn’t suggest you try it every week…
Approximate saving: Dhs10,400 per year
36. Ditch the razor and buy an electric razor. More cash, less rash.
Approximate saving: If you otherwise had to pay for post-cheap razor cosmetic surgery…Dhs5,000 per year
37. Wild Wadi now charge Dhs45 less than the normal entry price to UAE residents, so don’t forget to take your resident’s visa!
Approximate saving: If you go once a month…Dhs1,620 per year
To make general savings click here
To make food savings click here
To make budget savings click here
To make kids stuff savings click here
To make travel savings click here
To have smart shoppings click here