Some of the world’s best tennis players will be visiting the UAE this week to compete in the Mubadala World Tennis Championship.
Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray are among the names down to compete at the annual showdown this year, which takes place at Tennis Complex in Zayed Sports City between December 26 and 28.
And even without a ticket to the courts families can enjoy a free day out at the Tennis Village, which includes games in the Mubadala Interactive Zone, competitions and the chance to meet the star players.
Here are the organiser’s seven top reasons to visit this year’s tournament.
1. Entry to The Village is completely FREE and is open from 10.30am daily (10am on Friday).
2. Get closer to the stars with player autograph sessions throughout the three day tournament. Meet Spanish sensation and world number one Rafael Nadal on Day One from 3.45pm, and Abu Dhabi’s reigning champion Novak Djokovic from 4.15pm.
3. Kids say the funniest things and on Day One they get to ask French star and world number ten, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, whatever question they please at Kids Question Time, which takes place at 3pm in the Tennis Village ‘Village Green’ area.
4. Day One boasts Wimbledon champion Andy Murray who will be making his long awaited return from injury. Come down and support the former Mubadala World Tennis Champion in his centre-court comeback against world number ten, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
5. Check out the next generation of UAE stars flaunt their skills in the Mubadala Community Cup play offs from 10am on Day Two. At the same time some of the country’s finest young talent will be learning from the best, as Stanislas Wawrinka and Rafael Nadal host coaching clinics
6. Day Two of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship showcases the tournament’s strongest line-up to date with all six of the world class players in action on the same day – for the first time in the tournament’s history!
7. Throw your weight behind the UAE national team as they hone their skills with former Grand Slam champion and Mubadala World Tennis Championship ambassador Pat Cash, on centre court at 12pm on Day Three.
Tennis Village complete programme
2pm: Kids’ Day in the Tennis Village
3pm: Kids Q&A session with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
3.45pm: Autograph session, Rafael Nadal
4.15pm: Autograph session, Novak Djokovic
5pm: Ferrer v Wawrinka open the Championship
7pm: Murray v Tsonga
10am: Mubadala Community Cup U16 Playoffs/ Adults Coaching Clinic – Wawrinka
11am: Mubadala Community Cup Adults Playoffs/ U10’s & 12’s Coaching Clinic – Nadal
11am: Player Autograph session
12.30pm: First match, 5th/6th place play off
3pm: Semi-final 1: Nadal v Ferrer/Wawrinka
5pm: Semi-final 2: Djokovic v Murray/Tsonga
12pm: UAE National Team Clinic with Pat Cash
1pm: Player Autograph session
3pm: 3rd/4th Place play off
For more information and tickets please visit www.mubadalawtc.com.