If you're anything like us you're getting really comfy at home and planning your next set of meals. If you're in need of supplies, it has been confirmed that supermarkets, grocery stores and pharmacies across the Dubai will be allowed to stay open 24 hours per day.
Today (Wednesday March 25), malls across Dubai and Abu Dhabi are set to close their doors in a bid to curb the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
However, supermarkets and pharmacies either on standalone premises or in malls across the city will remain open for the foreseeable future so residents can continue to purchase essential food, supplies and medicine.
In general, operating hours will continue as usual for most supermarkets for the time being, of course we’ll update with any changes as and when things change.
Here’s a cross-section of supermarkets open across the city and their corresponding hours:
• Carrefour Hypermarkets (all branches including Wafi Mall and Mall of the Emirates) – Daily 9am-midnight
• All Choithrams will be open as usual
• Grandiose Dubai Marina – Open 24 hours
• Grandiose Al Barsha – 7am-midnight
• Lulu Hypermarket Karama - Daily 8am-midnight
• Park n Shop all branches (including JLT, and Dubai Investment Park) – Daily 7am-10pm
• Spinneys Dubai Marina – Daily 7am-11pm
• Spinneys Umm Suqeim – Daily 7am-11pm
• Union Coop all branches (International City, Al Barsha) – 7am-1am
• Waitrose Al Thanya – Daily 7am-11pm
• Waitrose Dubai Marina Mall – Daily 6.45am-11pm
• Waitrose Motor City – Daily 7am-11pm
• Waitrose The Dubai Mall – Daily 8am-midnight
In addition, drinks retailers MMI, A+E and Al Hamra Cellar have provided updates on their opening times.
• Al Hamra Cellar
Open daily 9am-9pm – order online and your shopping will be brought to the car park for collection.
• MMI The Greens – Sat-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm
• MMI Business Bay – Sun-Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm
• MMI JLT – Sat-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm
• MMI Green Community – Sat-Thu 11am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm
• MMI Sheikh Zayed Road – Sun-Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm
• MMI Karama – Sat-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm
• MMI Bur Dubai – Sat-Thu 10am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm
• MMI Deira – Sun-Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm
• Jumeirah Lake Towers – daily 10am-9pm
• Barsha Heights (TECOM) – daily 10am-9pm
• Karama – daily 10am-9pm
• Bur Dubai– daily 10am-9pm
• Deira – daily 10am-9pm
• Al Qusais– daily 10am-9pm
• The Cellars Green Community – daily 11am-9pm
• The Cellars Ras Al Khaimah – 9am-midnight