1. Her full name is Jennifer Lynn Lopez
2. She grew up in the Bronx, New York
(Want to know more? We’ve got the low-down on JLo).
3. She dropped out of college to pursue a career as a dancer
4. Her first album On the 6 is named after the subway train she used to ride into Manhattan
(Check out this list of her most iconic hits).
5. One of her first dancing gigs was on Yo! MTV Raps in 1989 when she danced in a promo video for MC Hammer
6. She also worked as a back-up dancer for New Kids On The Block in 1991
7. She Was a back-up dancer in Janet Jackson’s 1993 music video for That’s the Way Love Goes
8. She was the first star to be featured on the cover of Latina magazine in 1996
9. JLo was the voice of Azteca in the DreamWorks animated film Antz in 1998
10. She founded her own production company in 2001, Nuyorican Productions, with former manager Benny Medina
11. In an interview with US Weekly, she revealed her secret to looking young is staying away from caffeine and smoking, sleeping for at least seven hours a night and eating lots of green vegetables like sprouts, broccoli and kale.
12. She was the fifth-highest paid woman in music in 2013, having earned 45 million US$ (Dhs165 million)
13. In 2012 she was named the Most Powerful Celebrity in Entertainment by Forbes magazine
14. She made a one-off guest appearance in How I Met Your Mother
15. She has two personal trainers – one on each coast of the United States
16. She was arrested back in 1999 along with rapper Sean Combs (aka Puff Daddy), for possession of a stolen firearm after a New York nightclub shooting, though, charges against Lopez were later dropped
17. She has worked as a producer on 17 films and TV shows, to date
18. She has acted in 52 films and TV shows to date
19. In 2003 she won an award (along with Ben Affleck) for the Worst Screen Couple at the Golden Raspberry Awards
20. Her first book, True Love, was released in 2014 and became a New York Times bestseller
21. She stars as a detective in NBC show Shades of Blue (of which she’s also executive producer). It became the network’s most-watched Thursday show debut, with 8.6 million viewers – the highest the network had in seven years.
22. JLo turned down the role of Sara in Hitch which starred Will Smith