One of the best restaurants in town, Il Borro Tuscan Bistro serves up killer Tuscan dishes. And now Time Out Dubai's Best Italian restaurant is sharing how to throw together one of the chefs’ favourite dishes, and use up any stale bread you have lying around.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
• 1.25kg plum tomatoes
• 1.25kg peeled tomatoes
• 125g carrots
• 125g red onion
• 125g celery
• 20g salt
• 40g sugar
• 50ml extra virgin olive oil
• A few slices of old bread
• Cut the vegetables into small cubes and in a large pot start to cook them with some olive oil until golden in colour.
• Wash the plum tomatoes and cut into quarters.
• Reheat the oven at 140°C and place the old bread into it until golden in colour and dry.
• Add the plum tomatoes to the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, after that add the peeled tomatoes and cook for about 30-35 minutes.
• Add the slices of bread, cover the pot with cling film and cook down.
• Remove the cling film and with a whisk break the bread and combine into the mixture.
• Serve with a touch of chopped basil and olive oil. Buon Appetito! (Enjoy your meal!)
For more recipes from Dubai’s best restaurants, click here.