Some of the city’s finest chefs will be presenting their best dishes at Taste Of Dubai 08.
They will be showing off the tricks of the trade and giving visitors to sample food.
Scroll down for expert tuition and a recipe that will let you cook like a pro in your own home.
Restaurant: Indego, Grosvenor House
Chef: Vineet Bhatia
Signature dish: Crab and Lentil Soup
50 gms Crab meat shredded
150 gms Boiled lentil
100 gms Sliced fresh tomato
50 gms Sliced onions
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard seeds
50 gms Sambar mix
To taste Salt
As required Water
20 ml Oil
For crab and lentil dumplings
100 gms Soaked urid dal
1 pinch Chopped curry leaves
1 pinch Cumin seed
To taste Salt
For deep frying Oil
1. Heat up oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, once it starts to splutter add curry leaves, and sliced onion. Saute until onions become translucent.
2. Add tomato and cook until tomato becomes soft. Add sambar mix and cook for another few minutes.
3. Add water along with boiled lentil and cook for another 15 minutes.
4. Blend the soup and pass through a fine sieve, add crab meat and adjust the seasonings.
5. Serve hot with crab and lentil dumplings.
6. For making crab and lentil dumplings grind the soaked urid dal in a grinder in to thick paste. Mix with curry leaves and cumin. Adjust the seasonings and fry the dumplings in hot oil.