Some of the city’s finest chefs will be presenting their best dishes at Taste Of Dubai 08.
They will be showing off the tricks of the trade and giving visitors to sample food.
Scroll down for expert tuition and a recipe that will let you cook like a pro in your own home.
Restaurant: Shabestan, Radisson SAS Dubai Deira Creek
Chef: Heidar Shirazi
Signature dish: Zersh Polo with Chicken
Serve approximately 4 portions
1,5kg Chicken whole
4tbsp Tomato paste
Salt and pepper, to taste
1tsp Cumin powder
1 hand full Zershk
½ tbsp Turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a sauce pan and sauté the cubed onion, carrot and celery.
2. Add in turmeric powder, and cumin. Cook for I minute
3. Add in tomato paste and continue cooking for 1 minute then pour in water.
4. Plunge the chicken and bring to a boil, cover the pan with lid and continue cooking in slow fire for 30 minutes.
5. Mean while cook the rice and mix with Zershk.
6. Remove the chicken and cut as desired, stuffe it between the zershk rice and drizzle with the sauce from braising liquid.
7. Serve at once.