Some of the city’s finest chefs will be presenting their best dishes at Taste Of Dubai 08.
They will be showing off the tricks of the trade and giving visitors to sample food.
Scroll down for expert tuition and a recipe that will let you cook like a pro in your own home.
Restaurant: The China Club, Radisson SAS Dubai Deira Creek
Chef: Shiyang Xu “Sunny”
Signature dish: Dim Sum
30gm four pieces Scallop sliced
100gm Shrimp Meat
20gm Water Chestnut minced
20gm Bamboo Shoot
10gm Peas Green
25gm Corm Starch
1gm Whiter Pepper Powder
3gm Sesame Oil
100gm Refined Starch
4 pieces Coriander leaf
3gm Crab Roe
1. Marinate shrimp with cornstarch and sugar 20gm then keep in chiller for more than 30 minutes. Wash under cold running water than rinse.
2. Chopped bamboo shoot and parboil in boiling water. Rinse. Mince water chestnut. Season the sliced scallop.
3. Filling making: mix shrimp, peas green, bamboo shoot and chestnut with all seasonings.
4. Mix the refines starch with boiling water and little common starch. Portion and make into circle shape wrapper (diameter around 4.5 centimeters).
5. Wrap the filling and arrange in bamboo basket. Cover with scallop. Garnish with crab roe and coriander. Steam and serve hot.