1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
2 1/2 cups soft pitted dates
1 tsp ground cardamom
2 cups desiccated coconut
1/2 cup unsalted butter
• Shallow fry the almonds in a little oil until golden brown. Then place them on absorbent paper to get rid of excess oil.
• Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and add in dates and ground cardamom.
• Stir well over low heat, until well blended and then set aside to cool.
• Wet your palm and place a small amount of the date mixture, roll into a smooth ball and press an almond into the centre.
• Fold the sides and shape into a ball again, with the almond hidden in the middle.
• Roll each date in the desiccated coconut and serve.