Contemporary, modern and exuding style, Studio du Chef offers a relaxed culinary experience, serving French cuisine, revered classics and an extensive grape collection handpicked from esteemed and boutique suppliers. Bar and restaurant combined, guests can watch experienced chefs conjure up modern French cuisine, indulge in the trendy ambience of the bar and terrace or enjoy suggestions from the sommelier. Studio du Chef offers weekly cheese nights where choice selections are served with complimentary, exquisite grape pairings.
A renowned chef in France, Alain Rion has worked in three-star Michelin restaurants, including those from Bernard Loiseau, Paul Bocuse and Alain Ducasse. Alain was also a chef at Jacques et Laurent Pourcel restaurant and one-star Michelin eatery Le Jardin des Sens Montpelier. After gaining experience in China, Australia, the USA and Canada, Alain is now settled in Dubai, providing expert cooking at Studio du Chef restaurant in the five-star Sofitel The Palm, Dubai.
Open daily from 7pm-11.30pm. Sofitel The Palm, Dubai, Palm Jumeirah (04 455 6600).
Click here for more information.
Sea bass ceviche
1 sea bass fillet
1 tbsp finger lime
250ml olive oil
10g rock salt
• Marinate the sea bass with white vinegar, sugar, olive oil, ginger and lime for 20 minutes.
• Peel one orange and grapefruit, cut them into segments. Keep aside to serve with sea bass.
• Prepare finely cut slices of sea bass with segments of orange and grapefruit.
• Add one tablespoon of finger lime and some fresh chervil on top.
Lamb rack with aubergine cannelloni and cèpes confit
6 cèpes mushrooms
2 red peppers
2 green courgettes
1 garlic clove
1 bunch of thyme
250ml olive oil
• Cook the cèpes mushrooms in olive oil for one hour.
• Dice the vegetables into small pieces and cook them in a pan for three minutes.
• Cut thin slices of aubergine and cook these in a pan for one minute.
• Stuff the cannelloni with aubergine slices and roll them.
• Cook the lamb rack in a pan, then finish the cooking in the oven for five to eight minutes (at 180°C). Cut the lamb into two pieces and dress the plate with the cannelloni and cèpes mushrooms.
Pistachio crème brûlée
500ml whipped cream
10g pistachio paste
• Separate the egg white and yolk, keeping the yolk.
• Mix the egg yolk with the sugar and the pistachio paste.
• Boil the whipped cream and add the mixture of sugar, eggs and pistachio paste.
• Put the mixture in small cake pans and cook using the bain-marie (double boiler)method for 45 minutes at 95°C.
• Before serving, put some sugar on top of the crème brûlée and put the cakes back into the oven to grill for a few more minutes.