Levantine vibes, mixology masterpieces and Mediterranean flavours – Nawwara celebrates the region’s finest cuisines, perfectly prepared and executed with flair. Contemporary and sophisticated, this restaurant, lounge and shisha terrace is a chic setting to end the day and start the night.
Chef Youssef has extensive experience in Arabic cooking and food presentation. He has experience catering for royal weddings and major events in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, including the Dubai Airshow, Taste of Dubai and many others. During these events, Youssef cooked for VIP guests, celebrities and royal families. The chef also represented Dubai during the Arabic Cuisine Week in Singapore. He has been a member of the Emirates Culinary Guild since 2006 and received accolades in categories such as New Arabic Cuisine, Traditional Arabic Mezzeh and Emirati Cuisine Meat Dishes. Youssef started cooking in 1999, when he visited his aunt in Damascus and saw his uncle preparing a dish in the kitchen. After watching the entire cooking process he was inspired to become a chef, and honed his skills in his mum’s kitchen before heading to Damascus to find a job as a chef.
Walnut pepper salad
20g red peppers
10g pomegranate seeds
5ml lemon juice
5ml olive oil
10ml pomegranate molasses
• Cut all the vegetables into cubes.
• Mix together the lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and salt.
• Add the cubed vegetables to the mixture and then toss together.
• Top with walnuts and pomegranate, then serve.
This traditional Emirati dish is inspired by local culture and tradition to deliver an authentic flavour to guests.
170g deer meat
5g cinnamon powder
10g cashew nuts
3g white pepper
10ml corn oil
A pinch of saffron
• Marinate the deer meat with oil, pepper, cardamom, saffron and salt, then sear.
• Place it on a tray and cook in the oven for one hour.
• Soak the rice for 10 minutes, then wash it.
• Heat a pot, add ghee and sliced onion. Then stir it.
• Add the rice, cardamom, salt and cinnamon. Add hot water until covered.
• Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
• Fry the nuts until they are golden brown.
• Serve the rice topped with deer meat and garnish with nuts.
Ashta bil asel
60g ashta (Lebanese
5g crushed pistachios
• Place the ashta on a plate and drizzle the honey on top.
• Garnish with the pistachio nuts.