For a night of live music, flavoursome cigars, and exquisite food, IZEL is a standout spot on Dubai’s nightlife scene. Taking over the 7th floor of the Conrad Dubai, IZEL strives to provide an authentic experience through every aspect of the night. A live Latino band provides the soundtrack for those who want to hit the dancefloor, while the terrace offers a quiet place to relax. With a selection of mixed drinks and delicious ceviche, IZEL provides a great setting for any night out.
Luis Del Hoyo
Chef Luis Del Hoyo oversees almost every aspect of the kitchen at IZEL and is responsible for menu creation. Embracing his love for experimenting, chef Luis has played an integral part in IZEL’s food identity, which combines flavours from across Latin America with inspiration from his homeland, Argentina, and draws on his eight years of culinary experience. During his previous employment as Sous Chef at La Parrilla, Luis led award-winning teams with his accolades, including the 2012 BBC Good Food Middle East Award for Best Latin American Restaurant, Highly Recommended for Best Latin American Restaurant in the 2012 Time Out Dubai Awards and Best Latin American Restaurant in the 2013 Time Out Dubai Awards.
Open Tue-Sun 6.30pm-3am. Conrad Dubai, Level 7, www.izel.com (04 444 7111).
1 yellow bell pepper
6 ripe yellow beef tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 cup of water
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 teasp red onion brunois
Salt and pepper
For the sorbet
340g frozen blackberries
135g granulated white sugar
1 teasp freshly squeezed lemon juice
50g glucose powder
• Fire-roast the bell pepper, then peel and remove all seeds.
• Blend together the yellow pepper, tomato, garlic, vinegar and water.
• Strain through a medium chinois, then add olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Mix the sugar, water, lemon juice and glucose powder in a pot and bring to the boil for three minutes.
• Turn off the fire and add the blackberries.
• Mix everything with a hand blender and pass through a chinois. Cool, then freeze.
• Before serving, put in a Paco Jet (sorbet machine). Without this, simply stir every 20 minutes once in the freezer.
• Garnish with raspberry sorbet, and sprinkle with brunoise onion.