The 7th annual Italian World Cuisine Summit is taking place in Dubai’s JW Marriott Marquis next month and you could experience the company of 25 Michelin star chefs and 10 international celebrity chefs.
Paired with house grape beverages, guests get to sample dishes while listening to the sound of Italian swing band Mark Zitti Fratelli Coltelli. Expect live preparation stations, a pizza oven performance, gelato machines and the opportunity to interact with the culinary favourites. Of course Italian brands such as Rivoli and Luxottica will also have a presence.
Big names taking part include Heinz Beck from Social, Rory Duncan of La Petite Maison, Izu Ani of Le Serre, Colin Clague from Jean George, Greg Malouf from Cle, Luis Ezqueta from Urban Paella Dubai, and Rafaie Othman from Zuma.
“This is an incredible chance for any passionate foodie or simply anyone who loves to eat! It’s unprecedented to have 25 Michelin Starred Chefs in one place, and have a chance to taste their food for such a low price,” organiser Rosario Scarpato said. “Anyone who enjoys tasting exceptionally crafted cuisine should attend this event and we are very excited to host it for the first time ever in Dubai.”
Dhs200 (house beverages). November 1, 8pm. JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, Business Bay (04 414 3000).
Meet the Chefs:
1. RORY DUNCAN La Petite Maison
2. BOBBY GRIFFING Catch
3. TRISTAN FARMER Marina Social
4. IZU ANI La Serre
5. MOHAMED SHAMALI Qbara
6. COLIN CLAQUE Jean Georges
7. GREG MALOUF Cle
8. LUIS EZQUETA Urban paella
9. RUSSEL IMPIAZZI GL
10. CYRILLE TROESCH Capital Club
11. AMRISH SOOD Rang Mahal
12. EDGAR HURTADO Garden
13. ENRICO BARTOLINI - Devero Ristorante
14. HEINZ BECK - Social Restaurant
15. SALVATORE BIANCO - Il Comandante Restaurant
16. ALESSANDRO BREDA - Gellius Restaurant
17. RICCARDO DI GIACINTO - Ristorante All'Oro
18. ROBERTO FRANZIN - La Taverna Restaurant
19. FELICE LO BASSO - Unico Milano Restaurant
20. ROSANNA MARZIALE - Le Colonne Restaurant
21. PASQUALE PALAMARO - Indaco Restaurant
22. GRAZIANO PREST - Tivoli Restaurant
23. DANIELE REPETTI - Nido Del Picchio Restaurant
24. ANGELO SABATELLI - Angelo Sabatelli Restaurant
25. CLAUDIO SADLER - SADLER Restaurant
26. CRESCENZO SCOTTI - Therasia Resort Sea & Spa
27. TANO SIMONATO - Tano Passami L'olio Restaurant
28. GIUSEPPE STANZIONE - Le Trabe Restaurant
29. ANTONIO LO COCO - I Pupi Restaurant
30. FRANCESCO BRACALI - Mondo Bracali Restaurant
31. GUARINO VINCENZO - L’Accanto Restaurant Grand Hotel Angiolieri
32. SERGIO VINEIS - Il Patio Restaurant
33. ANDREA CANTON - La Primula Restaurant
34. GIORGIO LOCATELLI - Ronda Locatelli Restaurant
35. PATRIZIA DI BENEDETTO - BYE BYE BLUES Restaurant
Other events going on for the Italian Summit include:
Roberto’s Restaurant & Lounge DIFC
Enrico Bartolini of Michelin two-starred Devero Restaurant in Cavenago di Brianza in Italy and Chef Tony lo Coco of Michelin one-star “I Pupi” Restaurant in Bagheria Italy will have separate guest residencies at Roberto’s Restaurant & Lounge DIFC, where they will showcase their culinary skills with two specially prepared menus.
Coco will have his residency at Roberto’s from October 28 -31 and will be delighting guests with his signature dishes along with those prepared specially for the summit. Bartolini will be delighting guests with a four course set menu featuring signature dishes November 2 – 5.
November 2-4 get the 4-Course Menu Essence for Dhs480 and on November 5 get the 4-Course White Truffle Menu for Dhs690.
Lo Coco’s deal:
October 28-31 get the 4-Course Menu Essence for Dhs480.
Roberto’s DIFC, Sheikh Zayed Road, Gate Village. Dubai (04 386 0066)
Cavalli Club, Restaurant & Lounge
The restaurant is working with Chef Riccardo Di Giacinto at this year’s Italian Summit.
Guests will join Chef Riccardo on a culinary journey in the Cavalli kitchen for a delicious 3 and 5 course set menu. Italian dishes handpicked by Chef Riccardo include; Gambero rosso con insalata di porcini freschi (Red prawns with fresh porcini salad), Riassunto di carbonara e tartufo bianco (Carbonara reduction with white truffle) and Raviolini di mascarpone con ragout d'anatra e riduzione di vino rosso (Ravioli filled with mascarpone, duck ragout).
November 3 and 4 – set meal Dhs400
November 5 – Finale with Cavalli Head Chef Francesco Stara: Set meal – Dhs500
For more information and table bookings call: 04 332 5555 / 056 991 0400 or email at email@example.com
The theme for the Summit this year is ‘authentic home-style cooking infused with organic ingredients’. The hotel will be flying over Michelin Star Chef, Roberto Franzin who will create a 4-Course A La Carte menu which will be complemented with the finest grapes (two red and two white) from Tenuta L' Impostino from the Tuscani region in Italy.
During this time, Casa Mia will also house a pop-up Mercato (market) at the Terrace to display and sell organic produce such as seasonal fruits and vegetables, Italian cheeses etc.
Le Meridien Hotel and Conference Centre, Airport Road (04 217 0000). October 28-31.
Vivaldi by Alfredo Russo
Master Guest Chef of the Summit, and will be hosting other internationally acclaimed chefs at his concept restaurant.
Wednesday October 28 – Organic Cuisine with Chef Salvatore Bianco
Thursday October 29– Authentic Italian Cuisine with Chef Alessandro Breda
Friday October 30– Seafood Night with Chef Claudio Sadler
Saturday October 31 – Charcuterie Day with Chef Alfredo Russo
Dhs250 (food only) or Dhs350 with grape pairing. Those with a passion for Italian cuisine are invited to attend 3 events and receive a complimentary place at the Charcuterie Day, the final event to be hosted at Vivaldi during the Summit.
Vivaldi by Alfredo Russo at Sheraton Dubai Creek, Wednesday October 28 – Saturday October 31, 7pm – 11pm.