Devonshire clotted cream panna cotta with poached strawberries
100ml whipping cream
188g clotted cream
38g castor sugar
1 leaf gelatin, soaked in cold water
Strawberries, picked and washed and hulled
• Bring the milk to the boil along with the sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Whisk the soaked gelatin leaf into the milk before stirring it into the whipping cream.
• Leave aside to cool to room temperature.
• Whisk in the clotted cream until smooth.
• Pass to remove any bits of set butter.
• Divide the mixture between the ramekins. Refrigerate to set.
• Bring the strawberry coulis to the boil and pour onto the prepared strawberries in a tray, cling film immediately and leave to completely cool at room temperature.
• When cool, drain off the coulis and re-boil reducing until thick enough to coat.