Throughout August, award-winning seafood restaurant Pierchic are having a Shellebration.
Split into individual weeks, the romantic dining spot are bringing the best of the oceans to the plate in a range of ways. From paella special to the Feast of St Anthony, there is plenty to enjoy.
To join in the celebration, we bring you the restaurant's signature paella recipe for you to try and home.
100g Razor Clams
2 pinches Saffron
500g Confit Rabbit Thighs
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
200ml Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
100g broad beans
100g pimento peppers
2tsp smoked paprika
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium tomatoes, minced
1litre chicken broth
15 snails (canned)
300g Bomba Rice
- Toast saffron in tin foil in hot Paella Pan
- Colour the seafood (cuttlefish, hake, langoustine) and set aside
- In the paella pan add the rabbit, dry rice, tomatoes, saffron, smoked paprika, garlic and chicken broth, then allow to stew to 20 minutes
- Add the shellfish (razor clams, mussels) and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Throw back in the seafood, and add snails, peppers, beans and peas, and finish for a final 3 minutes