Moving to Dubai: registering for your Ejari

What you need to do when you move house

Moving to Dubai: registering for your Ejari

If you've moved house in Dubai recently, if you're renting you'll need to apply for your Ejari.

Ejari, which means “my rent” in Arabic, is a compulsory system governed by RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Agency) that ensures all contracts between tenants and landlords are government-approved and regulated.

It also aims to legally protect everyone in involved, help prevent any disputes and is needed to open a DEWA account for water and electricity. It’s usually the tenant’s responsibility to register for Ejari and pay the Dhs220 fee and there are various centres around Dubai.

You will need the original signed tenancy contract, a copy of the tenant’s passport, visa and Emirates ID, a copy of the landlord’s passport and the title deed, the security deposit receipt, and a copy of the previous or current DEWA bill with the premises numbers.

Locations include Al Barsha Mall and Al Manara Center Dubai Municipality.

For more advice on moving to Dubai, click here.
Opening timings vary. Various locations.

Be the first to get all the latest Dubai news, reviews and deals into your inbox by signing up to our free newsletter, click here to sign up.

More from Things to do

Top deals to mark French National Day 2020

Theatre from your living room – where you get to influence the story

The Meydan Hotel launches top summer deals

Sponsored: from staycations to daycations, there’s loads to enjoy

Enter your pet into Time Out’s UAE-wide celebration, in association with The Pet Shop

Get a discount on all orders in Abu Dhabi and Dubai


Follow us