Cakes, we love them, and biscuits, cookies and anything sweet really.
Pop the kettle on and make a cup of tea and we’ll happily get stuck into any cake or treat, if you’re offering that is.
If you’ve been finding yourself in the kitchen baking or making some sweet treats with the kids to keep them busy then there’s another recipe you can try at home.
Disney has released a recipe for Mickey Mouse shaped beignets, and they had us at Mickey Mouse shaped if we’re being honest.
These fun little pastries are popular treats at all the Disneyland and Walt Disney Resorts around the world and now you can make them at home.
Ready to cook? Here’s the recipe and ingredients from Disney Parks and Resorts.
Mickey Mouse Beignets
To make ten large Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets or two dozen small beignets
• 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
• 1/4 cup warm water
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons vegetable spread
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 egg
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup boiling water
• Vegetable oil for frying
• Powdered sugar
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for five minutes.
2. Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
3. Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into two-and-a-half to three-inch squares.
4. Alternatively, print off a picture of Mickey Mouse and use it as a stencil to cut out the pastry into shapes.
5. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about one to one and a half hours.
6. Using caution, heat three inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about two to three minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
For more recipes click here.