Have a sweet tooth and still want to remain healthy while working from home in the UAE?
If you’ve ever thought about combining chocolate and avocado together for one tasty snack, we’ve got the recipe for you.
Vegan-friendly family run business Chia Jar, which can be found in Dubai's Jumeirah Lakes Towers, has shared the recipe for its popular vegan and gluten-free 'Dark Desire' chia pudding, meaning you can make one of its unique and healthy chia-based creations in the comfort of your kitchen.
The recipe serves two but be warned: this makes for a seriously delicious chia pudding that you may not want to share...
For more delicious recipes, click here.
Ingredients for the chia pudding:
• 1 cup of coconut milk (can be substituted with almond milk or any lactose-free or dairy-free milk)
• 3 tbsp of organic chia seeds
• 2 tbsp of pure cocoa powder
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp of agave syrup (or honey if you’re not vegan)
Ingredients for avocado-chocolate mousse:
• 1 large ripe avocado
• 3 tbsp of coconut milk
• 3 tbsp of pure cocoa powder
• 3 ½ tbsp of agave syrup
• 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
• Vegan dark chocolate drops
*All toppings can be substituted as per your taste
1. Pour one cup of coconut milk into a medium sized bowl and add the chia seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and agave syrup.
2. Mix all the ingredients well and leave to soak in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. Stir periodically as it thickens into a gel-like consistency and make sure there are no lumps.
3. While the chia pudding is resting in the fridge, peel, deseed and mash the large ripe avocado. Put the mashed avocado in a food processor and add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, coconut oil and agave syrup. Blend until smooth and all one colour.
4. Refrigerate the chocolate-avocado mousse to set for a minimum of two hours – the same time that it takes for the chia pudding to thicken.
5. Once both have set, take the chia pudding and the chocolate-avocado mousse out from the fridge and stir the chia pudding.
6. In a separate serving jar or cup, place a large chia pudding layer followed by a generous layer of avocado chocolate mousse on top.
7. Decorate it with vegan chocolate drops, a few blueberries and a few crushed hazelnuts.
The petite and independent delivery and pick-up restaurant, founded by Malgorzata Pluta and her husband Adam Zargar, focuses on fresh and healthy ingredients and also boasts a refreshing zero-plastic policy.
If you fancy ordering Chia Jar’s full range of expertly-made chia pudding, açaí bowls, smoothies or overnight oats jars directly to your door, check out Chia Jar on Instagram (@chiajardubai) and click the ChatFood link in the bio for a 20 percent discount on your first order. You can also use the code VEGANDXB20 at checkout for a further 20 percent discount on your next three orders.
www.chiajar.com; order.chatfood.io/i/chia-jar (058 548 5924).