Healthy delivery service Demons & Angels launched in Dubai earlier this year and opened up with the aim of transforming much-loved “cheat foods” into healthierh treats and offering health-conscious foodies alternatives to high-carb meals.
Using cauliflower as the main ingredient, there are more than 20 different cauliflower-based comfort foods to choose from – think cauliflower burger buns, cauliflower-based pizzas and carb-free banana and chocolate chip muffins.
Luckily for us the team over at Demons & Angels has shared the recipe for the perfect cauliflower pizza crust – which is also suitable for those who are vegan or gluten-intolerant.
If you’d like to order a healthy pizza made by the experts themselves, Demons & Angels is delivering their cauliflower concoctions via Deliveroo, Careem NOW, Talabat, Uber Eats and Carriage. You can customise your pizza with fresh ingredients, proteins, and of course, regular or vegan cheese.
• 1 medium head of cauliflower (about five or six cups of cauliflower
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning (dried oregano or basil)
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp of onion powder
• 1/2 cup Parmesan or mozzarella cheese (grated or shredded)
• Preheat the oven to 190°C.
• Rinse you cauliflower head and remove the florets.
• Rice the cauliflower in a food processor.
• Microwave the cauliflower for about eight minutes on high.
• Remove the riced cauliflower from the steamer and let it cool for about five minutes.
• Place the riced cauliflower on a cheese cloth, cover it and start to squeeze out all the moisture out of it to avoid sogginess of final product.
• Increase the oven to 230°C.
• In a mixing bowl whisk the egg with dried herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper for ten seconds. Add the cheese and squeezed cauliflower and mix very well with spatula until combined.
• Lay out a parchment paper or a baking sheet and transfer the cauliflower pizza dough in the middle and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms. Make sure it is not too thick, nor too thin.
• Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip with spatula and bake for a few more minutes.
• Top the cauliflower pizza base with your favourite toppings and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown.
• Slice and enjoy.
For more recipes and cooking tips, head here.