Over the past few weeks, Disney has been sharing recipes for some of its most popular theme park snacks like the grilled three-cheese sandwich from Toy Story Land and its Mickey Mouse shaped beignets and if you’ve been enjoying these Disney recipes, we have another one for you to add to the list.
These churro bites can be found at all Disney theme parks across the globe and this recipe serves four.
• 1 cup water
• 8 tbsp butter
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¾ tsp ground cinnamon, divided
• 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 3 eggs
• 1½ cups vegetable or canola oil
• ½ cup sugar
• Combine water, butter, salt, and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon in a 16cm saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
• Reduce heat to low.
• Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for around five-seven minutes.
• Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
• Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 14cm saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 180°C.
• Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe one-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
• Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or a mesh spider strainer.
• Drain churro bites on paper towel.
• Mix sugar and half a teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated.
• Place on serving plate and serve with favourite dipping sauce.
Looking for more Disney recipes to test out at home? Head here for more.