It’s time for dessert and if you’re in the mood for a bit of home-cooking inspiration, get your hands on the below recipe and pile a load of indulgent cinnamon swirl pancakes into your face.
The recipe comes from The Cheesecake Factory, a restaurant that doesn’t do its desserts by halves, so tuck in on these magnificent pancakes and check out the rest of our recipes by clicking here – there’s a combination of UAE restaurants and advice from world-renowned chefs.
Servings: 4 (2 pancakes each)
• 1 + 3/4 cups flour (245g)
• 1 tbl baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 cups buttermilk (500ml)
• 2 Eeggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbs vegetable oil
• 1 cup Cinnamon Swirl (recipe below)
• ½ cup vanilla icing
• Icing sugar
1. Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
2. Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
3. Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
4. Heat 1/4 tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6in in diameter.
5. Drizzle equal amounts of cinnamon swirl onto each pancake in a spiral motion.
6. Cook the pancakes for approximately 2.5 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
7. Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes or until done.
8. Place two pancakes onto each serving plate. Drizzle the vanilla icing and sprinkle the powdered sugar over each stack of pancakes.
*Vanilla Icing is available at most major grocery stores.
Makes 1 cup
• 3 tbs butter
• 5 oz brown sugar
• ¾ tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tbs cream
1. Melt the butter in a small pot. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon into the pot and cook until the sugar melts.
2. Add the cream into the pot and whisk to incorporate.
For loads more recipes to explore, click here