• 1tbsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1tsp caster or granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 30g melted butter
• 300ml milk
• 225g plain flour
• 100g pecan nuts
• Icing sugar
• Sea salt
• Coconut oil
• 1 Bunch of bananas
• Demerara or granulated sugar
• Maple syrup
• Blend all the ingredients together until completely smooth.
• Allow to rest for 30 minutes, them lightly oil, or butter a small frying pan and fry the pancakes for around one minute on each side, depending on how thick you prefer your pancakes.
• They should be golden on each side and cooked all the way through. Serve just after cooking.
• For the nuts, coat them lightly with coconut oil and season them with sea salt.
• Roast in the oven at 180˚C for four to five minutes or until golden brown.
• As soon as they come out the oven generously sprinkle with icing sugar and allow to cool.
• For the bananas, peel them and cut them into slices about 1.5cm thick, on an angle.
• Dip one side of the banana into the sugar and glaze with using a blow-torch until golden.
• To serve, stack up your pancakes, as many as you wish, then drizzle generously with the maple syrup.
• Place the caramelised banana pieces on and around, then sprinkle over the roasted pecans.
• Finish the dish with a dusting of icing sugar.
For more recipes visit timeoutdubai.com/topics/recipes.