If you’re a chickpea fan and looking for some new recipes to whip at home, read on as Dubai’s Sweetheart Kitchen by SWHK has shared the recipe for its popular hummus toast.
Serving up delicious and affordable food using high quality ingredients, the Dubai-based food delivery concept offers up 20 distinct brands to choose from.
Hummus is one of the most popular dishes in Dubai, and if you can’t enough of the Middle Eastern chickpea dish head here for 10 brilliant hummus dishes to try in Dubai.
Now, on to that hummus topped toast...
• 500g or one cup of chickpeas (you can use canned chickpeas but if you use dried chickpeas make sure to soak them in water overnight)
• ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
• ¼ cup squeezed lemon juice
• 2 cloves of garlic (or one teaspoon or garlic powder)
• Salt, one pinch to season
• Black pepper, one pinch to season
• Nutmeg, one pinch to season
• ½ tsp sodium bicarbonate
• Olive oil
• 2 tbsp ice cold water
• ½ tsp paprika
• 1 slice of rustic bread (you can use sourdough or any bread you have at home)
• 10g parmesan
• 1 radish, thinly sliced
• 2 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
• Boil the chickpeas to soften them.
• Add the ice cold water to the tahini and mix until the tahini paste thickens in texture.
• Add the lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the tahini paste.
• Add the chickpeas, tahini paste and sodium bicarbonate to a blender and pulse to the consistency you enjoy.
• Add a glug of olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
• Toast the bread and spread the hummus mixture on it.
• Place top the cherry tomatoes, radish and Parmesan flakes on top and enjoy.
Looking for more delicious dishes to try out at home? Click here for more recipes.